Previous topic - Next topic

bowhunter 51

Just purchased a tube of it.........claims it's an excellent bullet lube,
bore cleaner/seasoner and reduces the need to clean the bore
betwix shots.....I like the way it smells..........I've shot my muzzler
a few times using it as a bullet lube for R.E.A.L's and it seems like
it might be alright...Made by Thompson Center....Season opens
Saturday and I'm still a little judgementle using something new
this close to an opener...What say ya'll.?.........................BH51.................
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

RatherBHuntin

No better, nor no worse than others.  I thought they went out of business..
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Alboy

I have used and had no complaints and my Old buddy Jimbo swears by it for what ever that may be worth.

Rightnow I using up some prelubed precut patches I picked up in an auction.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Daryl (deceased)

I used it for a while, then switched to Crisco.  Seemed to work just as well, and it was cheaper. ;)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Stryker

Bore butter is basically paraffin wax that has been melted/hydrogenated or whatever you want to call it into basically a thick mineral oil that has tincture of wintergreen added to. If your using Pyrodex it seems to work fine, but I have never had any luck using it with BP. I prefer using unsalted lard from the grocer as it works just as well and a whole lot cheaper.
- Mark

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wonderng if they made a difference. The MARINES don\'t have that problem."
- President Ronald Reagan 1985

roadkill636

it works good in the summer time ,,,but I cant get it out of the tube during the november -december hunts when it's in my pocket all day
If God did"t want us to eat meat,,,,, he would not have invented guns

calestus

I use it and like it. I haven't really tried anything else though.

HSM_miner

Quote from: roadkill636;71956it works good in the summer time ,,,but I cant get it out of the tube during the november -december hunts when it's in my pocket all day

Roadkill hit on something here.  This is very true in cold weather.  Personally, I run a dry patch down my bore to remove excess lube.  I found that this reduced recoil and improved accuracy when shooting in cold weather (near freezing & below freezing).

bowhunter 51

The stuff definately gets hard in cold weather, thin in hot....Seems like
it's better cold, but we don't see temp's dropping below freezing that
much during peak whitetail deer hunting season (Nov. & Dec.)..Seems
harder to group as tight when it's hot and the stuff is thin..............BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Tags: