Howdy

Started by graybull, January 26, 2008, 09:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graybull

Hello everybody. I like the site. If yall are interested...there is a forum for mountain man and frontiersman type stuff over at http://thebuckrub.proboards91.com

Jay Edward (deceased)

Welcome to THL graybull and thanks for the invite.  

I've gone and looked at mountain man and frontiersman type websites but never hung around.  There was always a group of men who had been there for awhile that would attack you if you didn't think along the lines of their definition of pure traditional.  Sort of like the dog in the manger.

I've been blackpowder shooting for 40 odd years and prefer to let the folks ease into it at their own pace.  Some never do... they just enjoy shooting blackpowder now and again.

Around here we have a number of folks that make their own 'possibles', shoot flintlocks and generally have fun.  Some have been into blackpowder for years but don't make a big thing of it to folks that are just curious.  THL is somewhat like a family and we tend to keep things civil.  When folks aren't civil we show them the path out of camp.

Sorry if I sound ominous but I like to lay down the ground rules for everyone to see now and again that are just viewing the site without joining.

We welcome everyone and have some right smart shooters here.  Long range, short range, pistoleros, good hunters, bad hunters and folks that tend 'make the story better'.  I'm afraid I fall into that last category but no one has called me a liar yet so I'm hanging on.

Alboy

Welcome to the camp Graybull  grab a cup.

Jay
Do you mean to even hint that anyone around this fire would even dare to think of taking poetic license with a story.

Always I thought it was, "JUST THE FACTS, MAAM, JUST THE FACTS."
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Clueless

Welcome to the site Greybull!

what Jay said!!:)
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

graybull

Thanks for the welcome yall. I assure you the site I posted is NOT "pure traditional". I'm one of the moderators there and can guarantee it.

mtsharps

Welcome to THL Graybull

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: graybull;72918Thanks for the welcome yall. I assure you the site I posted is NOT "pure traditional". I'm one of the moderators there and can guarantee it.

I know.

Quote from: AlboyJay
Do you mean to even hint that anyone around this fire would even dare to think of taking poetic license with a story.

Always I thought it was, "JUST THE FACTS, MAAM, JUST THE FACTS."

At this point in time... with Liberals re-writing 'history' daily as we move into a new political era... the "FACTS" are quite open to interpretation.

Buttttttt.... my hunting stories aren't really politicaly motivated or 'nuanced'.  They're more along the lines of substitution for a chest emblem and cape.

Clueless

LOL!! I got one for you Jay!

Admit he's not wearing a cape or emblem on his chest. :smiley:

He does it for me!! LOL!!
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

gitano

Welcome graybull.

QuoteThey're more along the lines of substitution for a chest emblem and cape.

:D:D:D

Paul[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Be nicer than necessary.

Clueless

Having read some of your stories Jay.  Here's your badge!!:smiley:

Thomas Jefferson

Tags: