$3 score

Started by Hunterbug, February 19, 2008, 10:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

My family and I were out running around Saturday and we stopped in at one of our favorite thrift stores. This is where I got my single burner Bernz-O-Matic for $4. So I went and looked and there was a Coleman 413D. This model was made from 1950 to 1953. It's in pretty good shape for it's age. This is the stove I plan to take elk hunting this year. It didn't have a price tag but I grabbed it anyway. After we were done looking at other stuff I took it up to the front and the girl said $3 bucks. I was all over that. So I brought it home and fired her up. Here it is.

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Daryl (deceased)

Looks like a good one, 'bug!

Hope it works well for you.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Paul Hoskins

HB, was the $3 just the taxes on it???   ..............Paul H

Clueless

Great looking "ol' Coleman".
Reminds me of the years we would load up the truck and take the kids to the lake for 2 weeks vacation.

Cooked on a new Coleman with a fire pit!!

Cooking out things sure smelled and tasted twice as good.

Great Buy!!
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

bowhunter 51

That's a good'n, H'bug....I got two of the newer models...You got that one
for less than you'll give for a gallon of the fuel....................................BH51......

**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

recoil junky

Notice the towel rack? Wish the new ones had that. HB, now you're going to have to get a bigger ute to haul all your stuff! :D

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

mtnpenny

;) Wow what a find maybe Daryl and I need to start hitting those thrift stores more often.
mtn_penny
Save a life.
Become an organ donor today.

clicky > http://dragcave.net/user/mtnpenny < click

Hunterbug

Quote from: recoil junky;74448Notice the towel rack? Wish the new ones had that. HB, now you're going to have to get a bigger ute to haul all your stuff! :D

You ain't kidding. I'm already looking at a trailer for this year. Hopefully Gitano and I won't have any stove "mishaps" like we had last time elk hunting. ;)

We go to thrift stores quite a bit. You can find some cool stuff pretty cheap sometimes.

Here's the last stove I got at the same store for $4.

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: