Just blew in from Kansas

Started by Nicahawk, March 14, 2008, 03:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicahawk

Just wanted to say hi to everyone from South cen KS. I was googling big cat sightings when I found this great forum, so had to sign on. You all have a good thing going here! When I catch up on everything on my mounting to-do list, partly created by spring getting it's foot in the door, I'll be here a lot!
nica

Special thanks to Jay for fixing my sign in name.

Alboy

Welcome

From your post I see you have already met one of the "older" gems shining around the camp.

Spent a year in your fair state with the Air Force at Forbes AFB Nov 72 to Oct 73. Really enjoyed it.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

M. R. Byrd

Welcome-

Glad to have another Kansan on THL. This is a good bunch of friendly and helpful folks(sounds a little like an Ace Hardware commercial doesn't it, but these guys are more helpful than that).

Are you a turkey hunter, by chance?

I farm and ranch at Dodge City and have been known to chase a few pheasants and quail, a Kansas buck(whitetail or mulie) and a Colorado elk.

Welcome and God Bless,

Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

Clueless

A hearty welcome to the site.

Your going to love it!! :smiley:

I'm from Tennessee and sometimes my southen' accent comes out. LOL!!
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

Sandhills Guru

Welcome from a neighbor to the north.   Spring to do list,  man I haven't finished the wife's list from last year yet, too early to think about lists.   Only thing on my list right now is turkeys!

Nicahawk

Quote from: Alboy;75715Welcome

From your post I see you have already met one of the "older" gems shining around the camp.

Spent a year in your fair state with the Air Force at Forbes AFB Nov 72 to Oct 73. Really enjoyed it.
I relocated here from Topeka after I retired a few years back. Loved to watch the BIG ones land/takeoff at Forbes.

Nicahawk

Quote from: M. R. Byrd;75718Welcome-

Glad to have another Kansan on THL. This is a good bunch of friendly and helpful folks(sounds a little like an Ace Hardware commercial doesn't it, but these guys are more helpful than that).

Are you a turkey hunter, by chance?

I farm and ranch at Dodge City and have been known to chase a few pheasants and quail, a Kansas buck(whitetail or mulie) and a Colorado elk.

Welcome and God Bless,

Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City
Love to hunt turkeys! And pheasants! And whitetails! And elk! However my age caught up with me and I've backed off my hunting a lot.

Nicahawk

Quote from: Clueless;75722A hearty welcome to the site.

Your going to love it!! :smiley:

I'm from Tennessee and sometimes my southen' accent comes out. LOL!!
I lived in East Tenn for 12 years....been a while back, but my accent shows up now and then.

Nicahawk

Quote from: Sandhills Guru;75723Welcome from a neighbor to the north. Spring to do list, man I haven't finished the wife's list from last year yet, too early to think about lists. Only thing on my list right now is turkeys!
I'm familiar with the sandhills. Have hunted there some with my son. We can't live too far appart.....I'm about 20 miles south of Pratt.

Any big cat sightings recently?

Clueless

you lived in East Tenn? So did I!!
I was born and raised in Upper East Tenn, then moved to PA, then retired and moved back to West Upper TN,  then unretired and now I travel a lot. :smiley:

I guess that makes me a Hillbilly, ridgerunner, every now and again a yankee...LOL!!

I can talk proper when I need to...LOL!!
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

Sandhills Guru

Quote from: Nicahawk;75730I'm familiar with the sandhills. Have hunted there some with my son. We can't live too far appart.....I'm about 20 miles south of Pratt.

Any big cat sightings recently?

Big cats?  Just the usual coffee talk.  Game & Parks put one down near Scottsbluff here about a month ago that had made its way into town.  

Been down Pratt way before,  actually a long while back now.

Well if you get a good strong south wind, let it blow yourself up my way sometime.  Coffee is always on.

gitano

Hey.... The Kansans are starting rival the Texans for population here at THL.

Welcome to The Hunter's Life Nicahawk.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

motor (deceased)

Howdy and welcome from the sunshine state..
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Tags: