BSA versus Parker Hale

Started by branxhunter, July 15, 2010, 07:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

branxhunter

This is a question that I expect Brithunter might answer, but I am sure that there are few few other knowledgable types that might be able to enlighten me.

How do BSA centrefire rifles rate against Parker Hales? I seem to remember reading a post somewhere that the Parker Hale adjustable (Timney-like) trigger is superior to the BSA model. What is the BSA trigger actually like?

Of course BSA had their martini actions, and short actions chambered cartridges such as the .222 that Parker Hale never did.

Marcus

Brithunter

Not an easy one to answer as BSA used 4 different triggers that I am aware of. The early ones like that found on the Hunter, Regent, Majestic are better to my mind anyway than those found on the Monarchs, 1st and 2nd pattern as both are different, and the CF2 which I feel is the poorest of them. It was all to do with the ****ed accountants wanting to cut costs all the time.

The rifle made up for the chief accountants retirement was spared no cost though. Exhibition grade walnut extra fine polish etc.
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: