I've booked tickets to....

Started by gitano, September 23, 2010, 09:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

branxhunter

gitano

At the moment, I'm trying to get my kids home from college and prepare for my eldest's wedding in mid-June. In addition, the big project we have had for the past two years in Central California ends technically on June 25th, and there's A LOT to wrapping that up. So you can see that I am 'otherwise occupied' at the moment, but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking about Australia about every other day. There will only be about a month after the wedding to get prepared for the trip.

On a specific note, I understand that late July early August is the 'end' of winter (analogous to January and February in the northern hemisphere), but if any of you know how the skiing is at Hotham Mountain at that time of year it would be of some help.

Also, here are the locations I have for all of you:

Jorge - ~1.5h north of Brisbane
22hornet - ~2h from Sydney
Branxhunter - ~4h west of Melbourne (I found a little town of "Branxholme" about 2h from the end of the Great Ocean Highway.)
fieldmore77 - "north edge" of Brisbane
kombi1976 - "directly between Melbourne and Brisbane"

I'm not looking for GPS coordinates to your houses, but if I'm way off with the above,  please correct me as I plan a route/itinerary.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

branxhunter

Paul,

it has been bitterly cold here in Victoria for the last few days, and I believe I have heard that snow has fallen in the high country. Here is a link you might find useful:

http://www.vicsnowreport.com.au/

Sounds like you have been busy, and will be so for a few weeks yet.

Marcus

gitano

Thanks, Marcus. No snow yet I see, but you are just coming into winter.

I'll keep an eye on that website. Thanks!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Hi Paul, 1.5 hours north of Brissy will definitely get you to where I am. Now don't know if you read my post but I will be selling up and heading down south to Melbourne but that won't happen till after August at this stage. Will need to know approximate dates of when you will be in Brissy when you finalise your itenary so I can give my mate the heads up to tee up the deer hunt for the day. Got a deep sea fishing charter dude's name and will be giving him a call as to prices. He was recommended by a mate and he said he's reasonably priced. Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

gitano

I'll PM you with specific dates.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

kombi1976

Well, let me know too.
I'm 2 hours south of Sydney and close to Canberra so if you're heading down this way we'll have to catch up.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

22hornet

I'm in the opposite direction to Kombi 2 hrs north Sydney...

No worries Paul I can meet you anywhere that's easy for you.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

kombi1976

Paul, which ever direction you end up heading let me know and I'll make the trek if it's close enough.
I'm sure I can get leave to go to 22h's place. ;)
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Tags: