1 rooster, 3 hen's

Started by buckshot roberts, October 21, 2010, 12:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

:happy:I took my old savage auto, some numbers #5' paper hulls and two friends( who have never done any bird hunting) out this morning to do some clean-up from a bird hunt wedesday hunt, my friends done ok for their first bird hunt, one got a hen the other a rooster, myself 3 hen's one rooster,

o' they were some missies...........I had a nice one fly by and I had forgottten to load a round in, :Banghead: my bad:grin:.........not a bad day........I had payed a guy to use his dog's, I do not have any that hunt.......... these ol' buy's are hooked now,

Were try'n to set up a good hunt when it get's just a little cooler............I'm going to take me a nap while these are marinating in zesty italin dressing

...............Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Paul Hoskins

Congrat's, Ron. Nice going. Where did you get them? There's none around here. Ringnecks won't stay where dirt sticks to their feet. ....Paul H

LvrLover

"I had a nice one fly by and I had forgottten to load a round in, :Banghead:"

I have done that as well as forgotten to take off the safety. Nothing beats a great day in the field with dogs that know what they are doing.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

22hornet

Roosters and hens? I take it you are not hunting chickens? What are they?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

davidlt89

Quote"I had a nice one fly by and I had forgottten to load a round in,
I glassed a deer laying in the grass one morning and pulled up, took aim, and then realized I had not loaded the gun. by the time I got a shell in the gun the deer had managed to leave without me even seeing leave!

QuoteWhat are they?
Pheasants I believe! God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Alboy

Gonna make for good chow after a great days hunt. If you boys like loading after you meet the quarry try capping a BP SxS while on a dead run ditch hunting those fancy chinese chickens.

Thanks for sharing Ron.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

22hornet

"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

buckshot roberts

Alboy I remember the post you did on that.........Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

I got a good one to tell about turkey huntin' with an ol' Model 58 Topper.

There's not much better than a day spent hunting upland birds, and pheasants are difficult to be for upland birds. Congrats!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Brithunter

Quote from: Paul Hoskins;108549Congrat's, Ron. Nice going. Where did you get them? There's none around here. Ringnecks won't stay where dirt sticks to their feet. ....Paul H

Hmmm I wonder about this Paul as we have a lot of Pheasents around here and this is all arable farming lots of winter sown wheat and lots of bare plough yet we see Pheasents picking it over. I generally take a few off our small field each year.
Go Get them Floyd!

Paul Hoskins

BH, all I know about them is pheasants don't stay where dirt sticks to their feet. We have lots of yellow sticky clay here. .....Paul H

gitano

There is a very interesting fact about the distribution of self-sustaining populations of pheasants in North America: They are not found south of the "Canadian Shield". (Look here http://education.yahoo.com/reference/encyclopedia/entry/CanadSh for information on the Canadian Shield.) There are certainly pheasants found south of the CS, but NOT self-sustaining populations.

I think the difference between the "arable land" in England, and the arable land of Kentucky is a matter of the amount of clay in the soil. The southern US has 'gobs' of it.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

fire717

Are those hen pheasants? You can shoot those??

gitano

Assuming you're not joking, "Yes". And more importantly, it's legal. :eek:

:)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

I don't know much about pheasants but I know they are not "self sustaining" here in Maine. It has been tried many times but the birds just starve during the winter. Too bad, I bet they are fun to hunt! I have thought about raising them one year and letting them go out back, may just do that sometime! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: