3 Times

Started by LvrLover, January 30, 2011, 07:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LvrLover

Today I was listening to a radio station I don't normally listen to, and they aired the exact same program 3 times in a row! Would you just figure somebody screwed up or could it be just for you? An old military adage says, "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action." In this case I think it could be "3 times is God in action", or "3 times is Erik too stubborn to hear it the first time."
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

Daryl (deceased)

Well, I'll answer your question with another...

Did you hear something in the program that you needed to hear?

I wouldn't look for inspiration in a radio program. It's just not me. I believe in honest prayer, and building a relationship with my Father in Heaven.

I can't quote the book, chapter, or verse, and my bible in in where my wife is sleeping, but the bible tells us to...

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy path"

So, if you heard something in the program that you needed to hear, then perhaps there was reason for the repeat. To my mind, God is more than capable of telling me what I need to know; I just need to be able to understand what He's telling me.

:)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

davidlt89

QuoteTo my mind, God is more than capable of telling me what I need to know; I just need to be able to understand what He's telling me.
for the most part, we just need to actually stop and just listen to him!!!!!! If it were something that you needed to hear, then maybe it is worth paying attention to. something definitely worth praying about. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

LvrLover

No prayer needed on this one (at least not to know if it was right for me). I needed to hear it and I need to act on it (this is where the prayer is needed). My question was rhetorical. I do not believe in coincidences. I believe God uses many ways to speak to us; a still small voice, a thundering command, through other people and even a donkey if need be.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

Daryl (deceased)

Quote from: LvrLover;111032No prayer needed on this one (at least not to know if it was right for me). I needed to hear it and I need to act on it (this is where the prayer is needed). My question was rhetorical. I do not believe in coincidences. I believe God uses many ways to speak to us; a still small voice, a thundering command, through other people and even a donkey if need be.

And sometimes through circumstances.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Tags: