Mossberg 144US series

Started by sakorick, March 08, 2011, 01:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

After the 44 US supplies dried up, Mossberg landed a contract with the DOD for a new contract for target 22's. The contract dates and specifications were lost during the Mossberg roll over, however we know that some 3 to 4000 serial numbered rifles marked US property were made. Nearly ever aspect of the 144US was upgraded including a larger bull barrel, ultra fancy Redfield peep sights, heavier trigger spring(fully adjustable), a hand stop and fancier stocks. I am fortunate to own 3 of these fine rifles and they shoot better than any other 22 I have ever fired. I contacted the CMP and the honcho told me they have all been sold. Back in 07 the last ones were sold for $254 delivered and were gone on the first day. At the time, I thought them to be way overpriced.:cry: Here is SN 3327 with a very colorful Birch stock. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

RatherBHuntin

I really want one of these, and have for a while.  Unfortunately the speculators have driven the price up above what I am willing to pay for one.  On a related note, I think I am going to the CMP Thursday for an M1, it is just a relatively short drive from here, couple hours.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

sakorick

Quote from: RatherBHuntin;111748I really want one of these, and have for a while.  Unfortunately the speculators have driven the price up above what I am willing to pay for one.  On a related note, I think I am going to the CMP Thursday for an M1, it is just a relatively short drive from here, couple hours.

Hello RBH. They aren't that bad in the grand scheme of things. With under 4K made it's a very rare rifle. Let me know what you find at the CMP....by
M1, I assume you mean Garand? Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: