2011 Mustang Roundup

Started by recoil junky, July 08, 2011, 02:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

I know this is a bit late but better late than never.

Doc and I took in the 2011 Mustang Roundup on Father's Day this year and here are my favorites.

We drove our '69 coupe and parked next to this '09. it had "Parnelli Jones' autograph above the doors.

Here's looking West down Lincoln Avenue. there were 4 blocks of Mustangs.

Here's a nice '67 Fastback.

A sweet '68 convertible

A '71 Mach 1

It had factory A.C. and THIS  in the dash!!

And a BEEYOOTEEFULL '69 Mach1 (my favorite of the show)

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Jamie.270

Quote from: recoil junky;114098I know this is a bit late but better late than never.

Doc and I took in the 2011 Mustang Roundup on Father's Day this year and here are my favorites.
Here's a nice '67 Fastback.

A sweet '68 convertible

RJ
Cool!  Looks like you and Doc had lot's to drool over!

But,...

Are you sure about the vintage on these two RJ?
They look like 1st generation models to me.  Maybe 65-66 versions?
The 67s and 68s had the 'sunken' tail lights in the concave rear panel, and a more pronounced side scoop.  

No Boss pics? :(
As far as Mustangs go, the '69 Boss 302 was my favorite.  I'd take one in yellow anyday!!

Looks like a good time.  Thanks fer sharing.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

recoil junky

I'm goin' by what the people had on the little signs they had by the cars. Even owners wer arguing with other owners as to what year was what

66's and early 67's had the "bubble roof". 64.5's and 65's had a "flat roof" like the 68's, 69's and 70's

There were so many changes to the Mustang styling, nobody could keep up, like this '70 302 Boss.

Lots of subtle changes to the out side from the 69's, but the interior is EXACTLY the same as a '69. And the hoods and doors are IDENTICAL.

The convertible might be a 66 or 7 or 8 I DUNNO :Banghead: :stars:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Jamie.270

That'd be the one for me RJ!  I know I said '69, but I'd "settle" for a '70!  Love the grabber orange too!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

Nice! It's always fun to see cars from the 'muscle' era.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

It was kinda weird this year, there weren't very many 69's and about half the entrants were of the newer models. (By newer models I mean '03 and up. Mustangs between '73 and '02 didn't look like Mustangs and are not worthy on the name and ALL Mustangs built after '71 do not require a second glance.) There is too much emphasis put on computerized bolt on electronic modules for making power. THAT is not true horsepower. There was a '69 that had a Suoercharged 5.4 Triton stuffed in it. It looked and sounded like cr@p!!! Give me 351W with a a big cam, headers, Thrush Turbo mufflers and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, now that sounds good and cost half as much t build. Oh wait yo have to get your hands dirty to do that.

RJ

noel

I'd prefer a cleveland.a little wider and nice strong casting.
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

Tags: