Smoke pole initiation

Started by JaDub, August 30, 2011, 08:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDub

To those that say "it ain`t easy......... therefore it ain`t fun "..........

Driving a pre `60s car is not my idea of `fun` cuz the brakes are awful, the suspensions are mushy ( unsafe ), they all smell like raw gas, the bullet-hard dash is just waiting to penetrate your skull in a crash ( when the brakes lock up ) etc etc. BUT, I just can`t wait to strap myself in an old MG TD , Triumph TR3, `57 Chev, or the old family `49 GMC pick-up for a cruise around the block. Upon riding a short distance in my vintage Porsche my wife invaribly says " I smell gas " or "it`s noisy" or " it`s bumpy " and on and on......... We have a tendancy to forget what was `normal` just as we have a tendancy to take what we have today for granted. Turn the clock ahead 50 years and we`ll marvel at how crude a Remington 700 was and what a pain it was to load and clean. 8-) For me, I enjoy a refresher course from the past and the muzzel loader is just that.
Call me sentimental.............. I`m OK with that. 8-)

Cheers, JaDub

Pigs don`t know pigs stink...............

HSM_miner

I found that my flintlock did not like the substitute powders...even when charging the flash pan with ffffg.  Go figure.  

Now my percussion cap trade rifle is not so fussy.

What is all this nonsense about clean up in the field after a dozen shots or so?  I remedied this by shooting my other rifle.  SO much simpler :D

Tags: