No more AutoZone for me!

Started by Hunterbug, December 06, 2012, 10:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

In related news the Denver post yesterday reported that the average response time was 15.75 minutes for a high priority call.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/autozone-fires-worker-who-stopped-robbery.html
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

RatherBHuntin

unreal, what in the world is wrong with these people? I wonder if the corporate paper pusher who did this would have done the same thing if he had been the one with the gun to his head? What is the reason for having a corporate policy against having a gun inside their store? If'n a man has the intention of commiting a felony with a firearm, I am pretty sure the corporate policy isn't going to deter him. Idiots

...And dangit, I liked Autozone
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Jamie.270

Insurance company diktat.

Insurance companies own this country by default.
They purchased it one politician and business at a time, until 2009.

Their influence grew by leaps and bounds that year.

And BTW, "you ain't seen nuthin' yet"
Wait'll they start demanding tax money from gun and ammo makers to pay for inner-city trauma wards and their treatment of gunshot wounds.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

While this MIGHT be the result of coercion by an insurance company, there were MANY aother ways to deal with the issue that would have left the insurance company 'holding the  PR bag' instead of AutoZone. Personally, I believe that this is pure AutoZone policy, lock, stock, and barrel.

AutoZone is on "The List" - PERMANENTLY. And I hope the "social network" action on this matter costs them A LOT of money and customers.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: