new bear snare is done!!!

Started by davidlt89, May 26, 2013, 07:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Finally got a little time and got together with a buddy who is now a licensed trapper and we put together some bear snares for this year. Design is really simple and did not take long to build. Total cost was 32.00!!!!

The snare I used last year was an M-15 bear snare and it had a very "large" spring. was very hard to reset as I had to pull the bucket out of the ground to reset it. Our law states that all snares must be at or below ground level, hence, digging a hole for the bucket. the canadians can use it above ground and it makes the snare much easier to use.

I like this design because the spring is a bungee cord and to reset it all you have to do is hook the bungee back up. It is also very light and only need one hole for the bucket. It also pulls the snare up to around 4" making real hard for the bear to react and take his paw out before it is tight.

I can't wait for the mayden voyage in september!!!! I got bear on the mind:grin:. God Bless.

Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Rich Cronk

Now THAT is a mighty slick snare set right there!

davidlt89

Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Vermonster

Very cool daivd.  Looks like a fun project!  Give us photos of it in action......:D

Tags: