Name this animal!

Started by davidlt89, October 03, 2013, 04:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

lent my friend my game camera for his bear snare. Got pictures of this little fella last night. Can you name this animal:biggthumpup: I can't wait to trap for these!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

looks like a Pine Marten, failing that a Kangarillipig...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Jamie.270

Looks like either a Marten or a Fisher.
It's hard to judge the size, but it looks too big to be a Marten.

I'm going with Fisher for now.
And from what I read, the pelt is pretty valuable, especially at the right time of year.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

I'm with Jamie.270. I think it's a fisher.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

OK where is the fishing tackle at?
Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Jamie.270

Quote from: j0e_bl0ggs;128234OK where is the fishing tackle at?
In the tackle bucket!  
Sheesh!  

:jumpingsmiley:
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking

recoil junky

I'd guess a fisher as well. Yup, the tackle is in the bucket. Looks like Atlas or mebbe DuPont.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

davidlt89

sorry it took so long to get back, I was at the annual prayer summit in jackman (no where) Maine. If you said "fisher", you would be right. you can see the bear snare board and it is 4ft long. They are on good looking animal. and yes Jamie, they are worth a little bit. last auction they averaged a 150.00 a piece. God bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

I was visiting with a friend of mine that has started trapping, and he told me he got $300 for a pair of martin he trapped last winter.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Quoteand he told me he got $300 for a pair of martin he trapped last winter.
I don't doubt it!! the average for fisher was 150.00, top lot was much more, 270.00 a piece. I know top lot beaver went for 350.00 a piece. God Bless.

davidlt89

heres a picture from the other night!!! this guy is pretty persistent!!! he is not there for the bear bait though. up in one of the trees are two skunks and a raccoon hanging. God Bless.

gitano

Just for general information: The 'reasons' that is a fisher and not a martin is that its snout is much longer than a martin's, and its tail is both longer (x2) and 'fuller' than a martin's.

Midnight, eh?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

I name him George. :D Oh, I'd guess a Pine Martin but I couldn't tell you the difference between that and a fisher.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Paul Hoskins

It's a fisher cat. I have the skin of a juvenile fisher in my collection that almost beat my truck when it crossed the road in front of me. Beautiful animals. ......Paul H

Tags: