Bunny hunting

Started by Hunterbug, November 29, 2013, 05:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

The girls and I went after rabbits today asking with my uncle and cousins son. We saw about 10 but it was tough getting a shot. The cover was thick and it was mostly glimpses of cotton tails running in the brush. Hunter and I each ended up with one. Payton got a good shot but missed with her 410. Here's Bug with her bunny. I didn't get any pictures with mine.

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Way to go Hunter!

You too Pat. ;)

You'll have to get back out there with Payton.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Rabbit hunting, FUN. I will be able to take my son this year and he can shoot!!!! Need just a little more snow though! I have been seeing some nice fat ones checking traps, probably why I am not seeing fisher in the traps!!!
Congrats on the rabbits, now get back out there!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Hunterbug

This morning I fried the hearts with breakfast and the girls each ate one. I told them that now they can run like rabbits. :D
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

recoil junky

I bet Peyton is going to go try it!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Hunterbug

Oh yea, she was running all over the place. Now she can just chase the rabbits down. ;)

Niccolo Machiavelli

Hunterbug

Hunter was on Skype with her "boyfriend" this evening when I jumped on and informed him that not only did she kill the cute little bunny but she also ate it's heart. :stare: Gotta keep them honest. ;)

Niccolo Machiavelli

davidlt89

QuoteHunter was on Skype with her "boyfriend" this evening when I jumped on and informed him that not only did she kill the cute little bunny but she also ate it's heart. :stare: Gotta keep them honest
boyfriend????? she is not 40!!:D one advantage to having 3 boys! Now I just need to teach them how to treat a women!!! May have to hire someone:D. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Now I just need to teach them how to treat a women!!! May have to hire someone:D.

Laughed out loud!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

There is something about smoked Rabbit that just makes me drool. Too bad our Rabbit population is low like the Quail. Habitat loss I'm afraid. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

RatherBHuntin

Quote from: sakorick;130087There is something about smoked Rabbit that just makes me drool. Too bad our Rabbit population is low like the Quail. Habitat loss I'm afraid. Regards, Rick.

Would you attribute any of the population loss to coyote population bloom?  I see more and more coyote here, in broad daylight on open ground than ever, and never see rabbits anymore.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

sakorick

Quote from: RatherBHuntin;130092Would you attribute any of the population loss to coyote population bloom?  I see more and more coyote here, in broad daylight on open ground than ever, and never see rabbits anymore.

Yes, that's part of the problem. Then there are the Buteos and Accipiters that eat the young ones. The worst from what I've seen are the Coopers Hawk. They are the River Otter of the skys. We also have the Marsh Harriers that spend about 4 weeks in the Fall and Spring as they migrate through. I live about 15 miles North of the Swan Lake National refuge that has thousands of Ducks and Geese.....the bad guys follow them. Then there are the Coons, Bobcats and Fox......but that's another chapter. :frownRegards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

Feral cats reek havoc on bunnies and game birds. I hates me some feral cats. I find remnants of baby wabbits around the house and I know our fat cat couldn't catch one if her (spayed) fat butt depended on it.

If I see the one who's using my front door for his/her personal urinal he/she is dead meat. Might be time to get out the tactical Nylon 11 again.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Tags: