Dad's Mauser barked!

Started by sakorick, November 24, 2014, 03:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I had Choir practice tonight at 1700 hrs and was feeding the dogs. I glanced out the kitchen window and there she was....alone. I finished feeding the dogs and she was still grazing on beans so I grabbed the Mauser and steadied against the back door.....the fairly poor high shot, 201 yards,  was also a bit aft but she went down like a bomb hit her. She spun around and died in place. That 8MM 180 grain Nosler is a devastating round. I got her cleaned, hung and telechecked and made it to choir practice on time. Life is good.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Life IS good.

Didn't trust those ballistic tables, didja? Had to aim just a little bit high "just in case", right?

I think you and I are the only THLers that have shot big game "out my back door", ala Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

RatherBHuntin

Very nice Rick.  Glad to see someone is shooting deer.

Quote from: gitano;135724Life IS good.

I think you and I are the only THLers that have shot big game "out my back door", ala Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Paul

My brother has permanently removed the screen from his laundry room window
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Saved you a cold wait, excellent!!!!!
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

Quote from: RatherBHuntin;135727Very nice Rick.  Glad to see someone is shooting deer.

My brother has permanently removed the screen from his laundry room window

:biggthumpup:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Quote from: RatherBHuntin;135727My brother has permanently removed the screen from his laundry room window
I ate a number of pheasants and more than a few quail that fell to that same strategy RBH.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

JaDub

sakorick

I finished skinning and 1/4ing the Doe. She was only 130 pounds field dressed but the bullet did surprising little meat damage. I processed both front 1/4's the neck and the T-loins. Eric wants lots of Jerky so that's what the t-loins and about 1/2 the rear 1/4's will be. I should finish most of the job tomorrow and then get the jerky marinating. Going to try the Pineapple juice/Melinda's Mango hot sauce for a sweet and sour. The same recipe using orange juice was real good. :food04:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: