Hornady ELD X bullets

Started by JaDub, September 26, 2016, 02:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDub

I do remember starting a thread on these rounds but for the life of me I can`t find it.

So.........

We were discussing the melted tip theory expressed by Hornady and it seemed that most of us ( including me ) were not overly convinced that this could be true. Well, seems like many of us out there in the real world weren't believers as well. I was reading an article the other day that now has Hornady giving a bit more info..............if you can believe it ( as Paul would say.......... Ptooooey). According to Hornady`s Doppler test this phenom was happening on shots longer than 300 yards with muzzle velocities in excess of 3,000 fps.

Just so you know.............

farmboy

Not that many cartridges can make that number if you load heavy for caliber bullets. I will look at the bullet weights that may be interesting.

farmboy

Lol 143 grain 6.5, 162 and 175 grain 284, 178 212 220 grain 30 cal bullets. If that is all correct very few cartridges can have a muzzle velocity much over 3000 in those weights. 3000 is about the max for the three hundred win mag and a 180 grain bullet which leaves the three hundred weatherby and the rum and some wildcats. Same thing with a seven mag 3000 is about it other than an stw and a few other wildcats etc. So they solved a problem that does not exist!��

JaDub

Tags: