#10, 11, and 12 Lead Shot

Started by gitano, February 19, 2017, 12:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

http://www.ballisticproducts.com/Chilled-Lead-Shot-12-13mm-10_bag/productinfo/02612/

I am a sucker for 'novelty' things associated with firearms. I have never seen shot sizes smaller than #9, even though I knew they existed. Ballistic Products is offering 10lb bags of each for sale.

I was trying to imagine what I would use them for when I read one of the reviews that said that the reviewer used them in his shot-loaded pistol rounds. I immediately thought of RecoilJunky, as I recall him mentioning that he loads up 'snake' loads for his .44 Mag which are shot-shells.

"Trouble is", no snakes in AK. (Not really a 'trouble'.) I don't shoot 'little' birds (smaller than doves) with shotguns, and at the moment, I can't come up with a reason to buy any of these. I'm sure I don't have to convince 'you all' that I don't intend to let a lack of imagination stop me from buying a couple of bags. :D

Please offer your thoughts on potential uses, especially for #12.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

Quote from: j0e_bl0ggs;14719212 excellent on rats
Out of what firearm?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

I had a guy tell me to load 2 1/4  in a 10 guage mag load the stiffest load I could find and get a cylinder choke and flock shoot pigeon s up close. He claimed lots of multiple kills! Lol it might be kind of fun. I almost bought a bag of 12 shot but they wanted alot of money for it so I passed.

Tags: