If it looks stupid but it works......

Started by Hunterbug, April 24, 2017, 08:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

Then it isn't stupid. I saw this on the internet and really don't know what to say.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Well......it is a ruger, must be factory mounts...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

I know exactly what to say:

If it looks stupid and it works, IT STILL LOOKS STUPID. AND... if it could have been accomplished without LOOKING STUPID, and it looks stupid, then it IS STUPID.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Quote from: gitano;147675I know exactly what to say:

If it looks stupid and it works, IT STILL LOOKS STUPID. AND... if it could have been accomplished without LOOKING STUPID, and it looks stupid, then it IS STUPID.

Paul

Which reminds me of a 308 that needs mounts.....
Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

recoil junky

At least they could have ground it off a bit.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Quote from: recoil junky;147687At least they could have ground it off a bit.

RJ
That's what I was thinking. Isn't it a commonly held belief that the difference between a good welder and a bad welder is a good grinder?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking

sakorick

Oh the horror of it all. Whoever did that, hated that poor gun.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

I'll go with what Gitano said & add they breed & multiply. If there was ever a good reason to legalize abortion, this could be it. And some politicians. ......Paul H

branxhunter

Going by the height of the mounts that scope must have an objective lens of around 140mm.

Marcus

Hunterbug

Quote from: branxhunterGoing by the height of the mounts that scope must have an objective lens of around 140mm.

Marcus

They probably wanted to be able to use the iron sights under the scope.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

recoil junky

Quote from: gitano;147689Isn't it a commonly held belief that the difference between a good welder and a bad welder is a good grinder?

Paul

Yes, there is a lot of truth to that. Especially lug nuts turned loose with a wire feed.

If I had the money (other peoples) I've spent on the rod and wire I've burned I could retire. The eye doc says that's why I have the onset of macular degeneration. :cens: :cens:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

JaDub

Tags: