Experiences with Nosler's Solid Base Bullets

Started by 147 Grain, May 16, 2005, 03:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

147 Grain

Would like to hear how Nosler Solid Base bullets have performed on Big Game.

Please be specific with the details if possible and thanks in advance of your reply!

Steve
* Shot Placement
* Bullet Construction / Weight Matched to Game
* Choice of Caliber

Nosler AccuBond

Daryl (deceased)

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Nosler discontinued the solid base bullets some years back??

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

147 Grain

Guess what?  They're back!

Just need to find out more about this Solid Base round that is the basis the AccuBond and Ballistic Tip were made on.
* Shot Placement
* Bullet Construction / Weight Matched to Game
* Choice of Caliber

Nosler AccuBond

2ndtimer

My buddy and I used the Nosler Solid Base bullets in his .270 Win and my .243 Win and 30-06 for years and had excellent performance on whitetail and mule deer.  They seemed to offer better penetration than the early Ballistic Tips (which I believe are better now than when they were first introduced), and more expansion than the Partitions which seemed to zip right through the smaller mule deer instead of anchoring them on the spot.  I was disappointed when they were discontinued and very happy when Nosler decided to offer them again.  I also got very good accuracy with them in my rifles.  What's not to like?

Tags: