An Olde Tyme Welcome!

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), July 01, 2005, 06:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

[font='Bookman Old Style']This type of 'welcome' might be lost forever with the current attitude amongst businessmen of moving visitors through their establishments as quickly as possible in order to maximize profits.[/font]
[font='Bookman Old Style'][/font]
[font='Bookman Old Style']Thankfully, The Hunters Life core group really does care about folks who come by.[/font]
[font='Bookman Old Style']Info on the puzzle picture:[/font]
[font='Bookman Old Style']Joseph Straus produced large numbers of puzzles from 1930s to 1970s, many of them cheaply made employing stack cutting (several cut together on top of each other), strip cutting (pieces cut in rows) and poor quality plywood. The Company, however, also produced several quality lines of puzzles including this sculptured or two layered puzzle. Two copies of same picture are used: one copy is cut as regular puzzle for bottom layer; second copy is first cut around central image of picture with areas outside discarded; central image is then cut into puzzle pieces and placed carefully on top of bottom layer to match pictures exactly; finally, corner and key pieces of double layered central image are glued together to hold top layer in place. Result is "sculptured" or what we call today "3-D" effect.[/font]

Kit

That's beautiful, Jay, where did you find it?
 thanks!

Jay Edward (deceased)

Kit, I wish I could tell you that.  I sometimes cruise the web in an effort to track down various topics and come across unusual images that catch my eye.

In this case the concept of really welcoming someone instead of being preoccupied with other daily issues caught my eye.  Our society has become so inured to personal contact that the art of making someone truly feel welcome is becoming a lost  tradition.

I'm not sure how much I subscribe to tradition for traditon's sake...but there are some delicacies that have gone by the way to our collective detriment.

Tags: