Muzzleloader Elk

Started by deputy, November 22, 2005, 01:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deputy

Taken in Colorado Sept. '05

Jay Edward (deceased)

Good lookin' antlers there deputy... don't be shy... let's have the story and pics of the M/L.

Don't forget the load you used too, and perhaps the info on the worked up load.

Daryl (deceased)

Looks like a nice bull Deputy!  Congrat's.

Oh, and like Jay said, don't be shy.  We like to hear the stories, too!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

ShadowRider

Good job, deputy!
Yea, let's hear some details!

buckshot roberts

:) Yep, congrats on them their antlers, what cal,and make of muzzleloader did you use;)
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Hiker

Nice wide rack and plenty of good meat. Good job!
Jeff

Rick

Here is a picture of mine and my buddy's muzzleloader elk from 2004.  His is the 5 point on the left and mine is the 6x6 on the right.  Both were taken with 110 gr of Pyrodex pellets (2 30 gr and 1 50 gr pellets) and a 348 gr Powerbelt bullet.

Here is the powerbelt bullet from Moe's bull, found under the hide on the far side.

Jay Edward (deceased)

Nice looking Elk Rick.  Looks like you have really gone in for the inline blackpowder shooters.

I was hoping that someone would put up some pics of blackpower hunts using roundballs.

I did run into this page:

http://mysite.verizon.net/tmmh/trophyroom.htm

Hiker

Good job! Rick and Moe. :D
Those are nice looking bulls. What state did you kill them in?

Rick

They were taken in New Mexico, around the Magdalena-Datil area, on public land in the Cibola National Forest.

frontier gander

Quote from: deputyTaken in Colorado Sept. '05
What part of colorado?

Bowedark

That what  i like to see on a wed site. some find looking elk racks

A BIG CONGRATULATION !!!!!

May future years treat you as well.

Tags: