Hunting pics from this fall...

Started by chromage, December 04, 2005, 09:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromage

Well, it's hard to believe rifle season is behind us and it's back to bow season. Of coarse, trying to put off steelies even longer is a hard decision to make. Anyways, around the 8th of Nov I put away my rods and reel and exchanged them for my bow and gun. Although I am still wearing around the white stripe for the fall, I still concider this one of the best hunting season I have ever had. I learned a ton, seen deer consistantly before rifle season started and even seen a few bucks while in the stand. I will go out a few more times with my bow but don't have as high hopes as I did. Anyways, enough of my blabbing, here are some pics of this year's hunting season.

Enjoy!
My season started off at bow camp where this decent buck was hanging when we arrived.

The view from camp was breath taking and the food was awesome. I can't wait for next year.

My dad walked upon this scrape:

A pretty drive

I hunted alot before the rifle opener and seen 21 deer. 4 of which I know were bucks and 10 does and 7 others that I don't know what they were. I want to think they were bucks, lol.

Then it was off to my dad's and mine annual deer camp in west branch. Well, the hunting sucked but the time spent with my dad was priceless. Although we will be looking for new spots next year. Here are some pics of our final year in these woods:(

The first buck rub we have ever seen here

Following pics are where I shot my first and only deer.
The blind

I'll probably be in the woods a half dozen more times this year but am looking forward to chrome fish. Hopefully my next pic will be with a nice deer. I hope to get out in the woods a little bit more earliar next year. That won't be hard being farthur away from rivers with salmon in them.

Hope everyone had a nice season out in the woods and good luck to anyone still out there.

Tags: