My Turkey Load

Started by Steven Fletcher, January 22, 2006, 06:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Fletcher

my turkey load is big but i love it.i like big loads for turkey because im used to them and its a 3 1/2 inch magnum turkey loads hevi 4 shot 12 guage i also like my turkey gun it has a lohman choke . the gun shoots 2 3/4'',3''.3 1/2''.:cool:
your with me on the  3 1/2'' turkey load aint you buckshotRoberts.:)
mossberg
savage
realtree:cool:

buckshot roberts

;) Yep, Now I have used just about all the new turkey ammo, but you can still take a turkey with a 2 3/4 load to, I just started using the 3 1/2 3 years ago, My model super-x 2, turkey gun use's them all, Hey just put the lead in head and it well be dead, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

eemer

I use #6 Copper-plated Winchester XX's in 3" Seems to group the best in my good 'ol Mossberg 500!

Got a new Tru-Glo ported turkey choke, so I'll have to repattern my gun to find what it likes.

buckshot roberts

:D I will be posting some pic's of chokes's and such friday, ;)
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

dawei

I'm not in the same league with you guys;:confused: I shoot my turkeys with a puny ole 20ga pump gun.:p Hope no one tells the turks I'm undergunned.:rolleyes: 3" Federal® Grand Slams & Remington® Hevi•Shot keeps putttig them in the freezer.:D

(Mossberg® 500C Synthetic, 26" Barrel, Hastings® Extended Turkey Choke #I20570, & Hevi•Shot® = yelp, yelp, yelp; BANG; FLOP!)
David
Only two defining forces have ever died for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

buckshot roberts

:D Hey DaweI, that works just as good you dont need a 3 or 3 1/2 mag to kill a turkey, or a high dollar shotgun, what you have, works, So good luck to ya this season:D

dawei

Quote from: eemerI use #6 Copper-plated Winchester XX's in 3" Seems to group the best in my good 'ol Mossberg 500!

Got a new Tru-Glo ported turkey choke, so I'll have to repattern my gun to find what it likes.
I will be patterning Winchester® Supreme 20ga 3" Double-X Magnums #5 & 6 later this month. Will be interesting as I've always used Federal® & Remington in the past.
David
Only two defining forces have ever died for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Tags: