"KABOOM " goes the Marlin

Started by buckshot roberts, February 21, 2006, 06:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

I've read two different story on this marlin rifle, first it was said the rifle ?, now the winchester ammo 45/70,?  no one was hurt, I'm no reloader, Now it looks that way to me, if it were my rifle, and I did not use reloaded ammo, The first thing I would have done after I found out I was not hurt,  I'd be taking pics, and calling somebody to look at this, I'd put this rifle in a box and go see me an attorney, it was said this guy sent it back to marlin, Marlin sent back a letter say something about having 3 kinds of powder in it ?, No one has seen this letter.

" look winchester is having a recall on some 7mm Rem. Mag amm, check the lot numbers here,  http://www.winchester.com/news/newsview.aspx?storyid=137
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

RatherBHuntin

Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

rockinbbar

Scary.........

3 kinds of powder sounds like .454 Casull load, rather than the "light loaded" factory pressures used by Winchester.

Rockin'
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

drinksgin (deceased)

I do not know the cartridge, the load or the conditions, but from the little I can see, it would seem to be the result of a barrel obstruction.
I also seem to see two different guns, or at least a lot of busted parts having been manipulated .
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Hunterbug

That would not be fun. I hope that noone was hurt.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

buckshot roberts

HB, it said noone was hurt, I don't see how, if'n I was holding it I would be missing a hand or two, maybe an eye.

Drinksgin, it was said to be a cowboy marlin in 45/70, yep the last pic, does look to be of another marlin, so maybe this way they were two story.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

azhdryder

Would be quite a ride........I saw a .40 S&W factory round with just enough oomph to cycle the action but still plug the barrel, that made quite a mess out of a new glock. Well, at least round #2 sure did.
Amatuers talk rifles

Enthusiasts talk ammo

Professonals talk Wind

RatherBHuntin

I posted a picture of an 8 Inch Howitzer in the Military Section.  The Platoon Sergeant I had at that time was a Vietnam Vet and had a Stars and Stripes Picture of one of those guns, peeled back like a banana, nearly to the breech.  Apparently there was a flaw in the metal just behind the muzzle brake.  He said that he was there, and noone was hurt during the mishap, just some minor temporary hearing problems.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Tags: