4 tablesoons red chilie ( hot or mild)ground
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon oregano dried preferably mexican
2 teaspoons salt
16 0unces kidney beans, soaked rinsed and cooked
15 ounces chili sause

Method

Heat oil in a Dutch oven or a heavy 5 quart saucepan over medium heat

Stir in onions and cook until translucent. Add meat break uo any lumps with a fork and cook , stirring occasionally until meat is evenly browned.

Add worcestershire sauce and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, Stir in ground chilie,cumin,oregano and salt and cook uncovered for 5 minutes Add beans and chili sauce and simmer,uncoverd for 1 hour.

May have to get my wife to help, I have no Idea what some of these ingredients are,;) Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Gunslingergirl

Buckshot,

I'm not sure if you really don't know, or were just being funny, but just in case.....

Cumin and oregano are spices. Cumin is a powder, oregano generally comes in leaf form.
Kidney beans you can get cannned if you like, or you can buy them dry. If you get them canned, make sure you rinse them, this gets rid of a lot of the sodium. If you get dry, you have to soak them first, I believe. Worcesterchire sauce is generally found in the same aisle of the grocery as A-1 sauce. The squirrel you will have to go out into the woods to get. I'm sure you know how to do that.

Anyway, that's Kristine's cooking lesson for the day.:D   Even if you already knew all of this, someone else might not.  I'm a big fan of teaching people to cook, I think it's a skill that many people are losing now days.  Keep the recipes coming!

Kristine
We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

buckshot roberts

:rolleyes: No, I had no "IDEA"what cumin was never used it before, as for ole'regano yep,:D Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Saccet

Tags: