Caribou????

Started by Vermonster, February 02, 2007, 07:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermonster

I have some to cook tonight.  I have never had it, and am looking for a good recipe.  I usually do my deer with simple butter and onions.

Any suggestions?

Gunslingergirl

We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

Inukshuk

A little late to add, but here goes. One of the Inuit ways of doing it among others.
You need a big pot to boil this
Cut caribou into stew pieces
small carrots
potatoes cut into good sizes
onions
All in the pot and boil untill tender
Then take some of the juice from the stew and use it to cook rice seperatly. Which gives it a real good flavor.
When ready put it all in a big tray on the floor and everybody sites around and digs in.
Yummy
To Go Where No Man Has Gone Before
Live Long And Prosper

Inukshuk

Oh
I forgot!
You can always eat it Raw half frozen in slices with a we tad of salt. Mmmm.
Live Long And Prosper

davidlt89

Sean,
   If you have a roast, cook it like that. My dad put it with the potatos and carrots and cooked it nice in slow in the oven with some kind of topping on it in a roasting pot. It is a delicious meat. also, where did you get the meat? Do they have some kind of black market in Cali? (lol) If you don't like that, you can't fail with the butter and onions!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Inukshuk

Yes as a roast is super good as davidlt89 mentioned Mmmmm. Steaks to. Oh and cut the filets for fondue meat in cubes also Yum. Don't forget the geese and mushrooms.
I'm getting hungry. :)
Live Long And Prosper

Tags: