Utah Mule deer Draw

Started by m gardner, February 14, 2007, 06:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m gardner

For anyone that is interested today is the last day to apply for mule deer in Utah. God bless and good hunting.
Mark

davidlt89

Mark,
   I would love to do it this year, again, I am sorry. I am definately working on it for next year. Thanks for the call the other night. We will definately talk again when there are no cell phones involved. God Bless and may the mulies be pletiful.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Hiker

Starting next year, Non Residents, in Utah will have to purchase a hunting license of $65 before they can enter the draw. Points are suppose to cost an additional $10.

queen of the woods

I have a sister that lives in Hyde Park, Utah and I would love to go up there and go hunting for mulies, but I don't anything about hunting up there.  My brother-in-law was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA so he can't help me any.  I'd be interested in hearing about the seasons and how to get a license, etc.
I\'d rather hunt with Dick Chaney than ride with Ted Kennedy

queen of the woods

Another question.  Would my 30-06 or 270 do for mulie hunting?

m gardner

Queen; welcome to the forum. Go to www.wildlife.utah.gov for info on hunting in utah. The deer herd as a whole is recovering from a bad drought at this time but things look pretty good. In the general hunt areas (where you can hunt without waiting for years to draw) it's pretty crowded. If you're good with maps and in decent shape you can get far enough away from the crowds to do some good. It seems 90% of the hunters road hunt so a if you get more than a long rifle shot away from the road things improve remarkably. The herd in general has few bucks especially large bucks. Colorado is a better bet to hunt. They manage most of the herd for quality. A 270 will do just fine.
God bless and good hunting.
Mark

queen of the woods

m gardner

Got good news; I drew a Utah buck bow tag. They hit my credit card so I'm sure I got it. God bless and good hunting.
Mark

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Gmoney

Awesome Mark...

I won't know about my mule deer tags for NM until June 20...
Myself and 2 high school friends each applied for a tag...individually we have a 50/50 shot looking at the stats from last year....If one of them get drawn I'll definately be playing guide but I don't care as I just love to do it....

Hard to beat chasing mule deer...

Queen,

I shoot deer with a .260 including last years mule deer.  It is a deer killing package but like all other calibers, place that bullet....
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Nelsdou

Mark,

Years ago I bowhunted the Book Cliffs area.  At that time the great drought was really knocking the deer down and finding the big bucks got pretty tough.  Good to hear they are coming back.  That is some pretty neat country to hunt in.  

One morning I was sneaking around in my socks and thought I'd take "coup" on a doe by tapping her on the flank with the end of my recurve while she fed.  Not a bright idea; I almost ate a hoof on that one!  Good luck!

Nels
Put it into perspective; we live on a rock hurtling through space, what could be scarier than that?

Hiker

Quote from: m gardner;61440Got good news; I drew a Utah buck bow tag. They hit my credit card so I'm sure I got it. God bless and good hunting.
Mark

Congratulations Mark. I hope you have a great hunt and kill a big one.

m gardner

Thanks Hiker. I spent 2 weeks scouting last year in a new spot. Figured a bowhunt was in order as there were 19 bucks bached up in this one spot and no one interested in hunting them. God bless and good hunting.
Mark

Hiker

"19 bucks bached up in this one spot and no one interested in hunting them."

Yes, that would tend to twist my arm too. LOL!!!

m gardner

Here's some of them. There's more but they are on video. I can't find the others. I guess I deleted them. I need to reload them sometime. The bigger buck is with 3 others but the brush is so thick I only got him.
Mark

Tags: