Tom's First Hog, Unridable That Is

Started by Alboy, February 25, 2007, 03:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alboy

Tom is a native of Michigan. Ex Army, veteran of the Persian gulf and Grenada. Currently going to hard hat dive school here in Houston. He has gotten to be friends with Adrian and we took him hog hunting this weekend. Here he is holding the back legs while Adrian is making do with a machete because we left the bone saw at home. This is his first ever pig any where. Nice little sow I would guess at about 80 lbs.

He took her about 10:30 the night before under light from a half moon with no additional illumination. Shot entered behind her right sholder on a angle to exit infront of her left shoulder. We found mostly pulp where her heart used to be and one lung punctured. She went so fast she never bled out through the nose. He was using my '06 and 150 grain Remington PSP factory ammo at 51 laser ranged yards.

By the way Adrian is about 6'4" and 250 lbs.

The second picture is a coon I shot for a small pig. He was out at the edge of our flood light capabilities with two of his buddies and I really thought it was small pigs into a stink lure. So I took him at 70 yards with my 223 and 55 grain Reminton PSP factories. He was full broadside on and the entry was on his left side just behind the shoulder and exit about 2 inches accross behind his right shoulder.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

buckshot roberts

:eek: Them Ol' boys look happy cut'in up that hog, nice pics,:biggthumpup: Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

bowhunter 51

I need to find me a place around here close where I can go
pop me a hog or two like that'n, for the freezer...Looks like
quite a bit of meat on'em...Note to self,.....Bone Saw!....:smiley:
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

gitano

I'v eonly go ttwo things to say...

Tom is a BIG boy!

That 150-grain sure tore her up!

Whadya do with the coon?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Alboy

Left it lay

Useless for pelt, I purposely did not show the exit wound. At least 2" accross on the off side.

You need some parts an pieces? We could see what we could do.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

Thanks Al. I'm always up for animal "parts". Especially skulls. Tennessee toothpicks are interesting too. ;) However, don't put yourselves out. Things are probably pretty stinky already. Thanks for offering. In the future, I'll take pretty much whatever you wanna salvage, and I'll be more than happy to pay for shipping to The Great White North. :D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Alboy

I will forward any skulls left loitering after the meek finish their work.

As for Tennessee tooth picks another fella I know was asking why I did not take them on the given opportunity, funny all I can say is what some old fools get sqeamish about can be kinda silly.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Tags: