Finally got a pick uploaded

Started by varmint hunter, March 20, 2007, 07:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

varmint hunter

Here the fox we pinned. Story is in the Myna Thread

varmint hunter

I dont know how to make the picture less size. Im shrinked it, but still exceeds file size:undecided: . Sorry dudes.

Jay Edward (deceased)

Resolution, physical size... those are the two that offend most.

Most of the time I make the picture into a JPEG (.jpg) and it is compressed with a sliding scale.  If it is still too big I might crop it of any extraneous background.

Most Operating Systems have some sort of 'paint' program or imaging program built in to them.  Color pictures use more 'space' than 'grayscale' but it takes something out of the impact of the picture.

You could get some sort of imaging program that is for a digital camera and use that to manipulate the picture.  Many folks 'force' the size of the picture and think they've made it 'smaller'.  Not true.  It looks smaller but the 'size' is still there... this is why 'Logos' or 'Letterheads' sometimes print a blank piece of paper along with the letter or document.

You might browse through the 'Help' section of your OS.

nrthrn_maine_hunter

would love to see those pics!!!

You may already know about this, but go to www.photobucket.com and you can create an account very easily!!  THen click browse, and double click the picture in your pictures folder then click upload on the web-site.  once it is uploaded on the site, click on it so it is full size, then right click on it, highlite the URL and copy + paste it to where it asks for the URL on TheHuntersLife.  
That may not be that clear, so If you want me to post a pic for you, you can just e-mail it to me and I would be happy to post it for you!
Some things are real whether you believe in them or not!

varmint hunter

Ok, ive shrunk it heaps. If this doesnt work then im happy to emial to someone.

However i think it did. Hope its not too small...

varmint hunter

Daryl (deceased)

Here you go.

If you want picture files smaller, there are better ways to do it.

Your's is in bitmap format, and as small as it is, it still takes up around 45 KB.  This one is changed to a .jpg format; it's bigger, and is only about 15 KB.

If I'd started with the larger image, it would have been the same size with better clearity.  Since I took the small image and blew it back up, it lost some of it's quality.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Tags: