Nice to feel that feeling again

Started by chromage, November 30, 2004, 11:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromage

I had plans to go out at 5AM in the mournin and sit all day. Ended up watching a movie with some friends and left in the middle around 3 because I wanted some sleep. After I got out of the shower I heard noises in the hallway and it ended up being adam and cari. They asked if I wanted to watch a movie so I said sure. It ended at 5 AM and there was no way I was going hunting. So I took a 7 hour nap, ate lunch and finally found myself sitting in the woods around 2:30.

Right away I thought I heard some movement but I think it was just a squirrel. They were in a good mood because there were playing around all day long. Around 5 o'clock I heard crunch, crunch, crunch...My heart started racing ad my mind was going a million miles a second. What do I do if it's a buck? What about what shooting lane should I pick? Am I going to have a clear shot? was this a squirrel and my mind was playing games? So I readied myself in case it was a buck. In this case I had to turn around in my stand and face to the right of me where the deer were heading. First deer walked by but I couldn't see it. Second deer came up behind but I could see it. All I saw was a body and it looked small with no horns. I grunted a few times but they were on a mission. I sat back down and listened as the deer walked up the valley.

I waited for a little more and calmed myself down. Shooting hours came to and end and I climbed out of my stand and headed towards the truck, where the deer headed. As I neared the truck I heard the familiar sounds of the crunching taking off in a mad dash. They must of been feeding on the bait some guy had left during rifle season.

So after tonight I have a little hope left so I am going to give it a few more times I believe. There might just be hope yet. Even though I didn't get a clear shot, that is all I am asking for everyone once in awhile out. I am not looking for a kill every season but to see that makes my night. However, sitting in a stand 6 nights and not seeing anything gets a little boring. Cari also wants to go hunting with me so of coarse I am going to go out a few more times. I just have to figure out a place where we both can sit :?: We might go muzzleloading with Jake when the season opens.

Tags: