How do you take care of your meat?

Started by Gmoney, December 01, 2004, 05:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmoney

I was just wondering what are the steps you go through to take care of your venison directly after the kill....there are many different techniques and I think we could all learn some new methods and tips....G
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

motor (deceased)

I take mine immediately to the skinning rack, skin it, gut it, wash it down with the hose, quarter it, hang it in the cooler for as long as i can up to two weeks,then i cut it up the way i want it, wrap it, and put it in the freezer.
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Antler3

I field dress it, skin it out wash down with hose, quarter it up and put in coolers on ice for up to a week. Drain off water every couple days and add ice if needed.
ANTLER 3

BigEddySprings

Once we get them back to the cabin...we rinse them as best we can,,No running water!!
We use those blue 7 gallon jugs.
We then hang them in the shade...Even if its freezing..the sun is a powerful thing.
We admire for a day or two..then we skin them...cut them up or quarter depending on what we want...Throw them in the freezer..Yes we have electricity.

tasunkawitko

http://www.baitshopboyz.com

check it out! hunting, fishing, shooting camping and conservation conversation......and anything else we can think of!

Tags: