Winning dove recipe

Started by queen of the woods, August 02, 2007, 07:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

queen of the woods

Last year the U.S. Sportsmans Alliance had a nation wide contest for dove recipes because PETA was trying to ban dove hunting in Minnesota I think.  I've forgotten the state now.  Anyway, I won the contest.  Here's the recipe.

And the winning recipe is

Durkee Doves

By:

6 doves

2 cups Durkee sauce

½ cup Worcestershire sauce

½ cup red wine

4 garlic cloves - chopped

Toney's seasoning

Salt & Pepper

Marinade doves in the Durkee sauce, Worcestershire, wine and cloves for 6 to 12 hours. Take out of marinade and season with Toney's, salt & pepper. Cook on the grill at medium heat for 30 minutes or until tender.
I\'d rather hunt with Dick Chaney than ride with Ted Kennedy

queen of the woods

also submitted this one although it didn't win, I like the recipe better.....but don't tell them.

Taylor Made Doves

By:  

6 doves

½ cup white wine

½ cup olive oil

1 medium onion

3 cloves of garlic

1 cup plain flour and 2 Tbsp. plain flour

2 Tbsp. of brown mustard or spicy mustard

1 cup of cream

Salt & Pepper

Salt, Pepper and flour the doves. Brown them over medium heat in the ½ cup of olive oil. After they are browned, remove from pan and drain extra oil off doves. Sautee onions and garlic in the pan while scraping what's left in the pan from the doves. When onions get tender add 2 Tbsp. of flour and stir. You may have to add a little bit more olive oil if it's too thick. As soon as flour starts to brown, add wine and let cook 10 minutes on medium heat. Then stir in mustard and cream. Add doves to sauce and let cook on low for 1 hour.

Vermonster

Yummmmmm....

By the way, what did you win?????

I like to sautee the Doves in some butter, onions, and a little garlic.  Then dump in some cream of mushroom sauce, and pour over either rice or some noodles.

P.S........ Thanks for hearing my call and posting recipes.... :jumpingsmiley:

queen of the woods

I won a knife, hunting cap, shooting shirt, briefcase, flashlight.  Lots of goodies.

Tags: