Hello Everyone!

Started by apeters24, September 30, 2014, 12:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeters24

A little about me  --

After growing up in a family of avid hunters, who I believe were rather “appalled” with my disinterest in hunting, I decided this was THE year!  I recently just purchased my first hunting license and have been counting down the days to the season opener of birds.  (Tomorrow!)  

I have also been out, within the last couple weeks, with a friend that does quite a bit of trapping.  I would have NEVER guessed trapping would be something I’d be interested in, but boys was I wrong!  Being outdoors and hiking through the woods is something I simply have always enjoyed.  I’m not sure how I’ll fair with the removal of any animals, as last night it took me 20 minutes to release a mouse from a trap… BUT I’m interested and definitely looking forward to becoming more knowledgeable about the whole process.

This “friend” of mine spoke very highly of this page as he said it consists of a great group of knowledgeable people!  My hopes are to share some stories, read some of yours, have some laughs and continue to learn!

Thanks for accepting me to site!  I look forward to receiving pointers any of you may have regarding hunting and trapping!  And if ANYONE has a quicker method of disposing a mouse from the trap, let me know!  ;)

sakorick

Welcome aboard apeters, good to have you as a member. Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Welcome, apeters24. Looking forward to hearing of your adventures.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Welcome apeters24, great bunch of nice, knowledgeable and friendly guys in this forum. Enjoy.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

davidlt89

Welcome aboard Ashlee!!!! Looking forward to seeing some posts! You already know my take on the mouse trap! God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

22hornet

Welcome to THL apeters24.

As you are from Maine I take it David is the "friend" you are taking about?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

apeters24

Thank you all for the gracious welcome!  I hope to share my "first bird" story before the beginning of next week!

As for your "friend" question 22hornet, I'm unsure I want to own up to it as I've noticed the reputation he carries around here.  ;)  
-- Kidding of course.  Guess you could say I know him pretty well!

recoil junky

Welcome AP.

From Maine huh. Well we let Mr Letourneau in, so I reckon you can stay too. :clown:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

JaDub

Easiest way to `dispose of the mouse`...........   just toss the trap / mouse in the garbage can.   :biggthumpup:

Glad to have you aboard!

apeters24

RJ, you're too kind!  I'm sure careful consideration was taken before accepting another Mainer to the group.  :)

JaDub, I'm hoping I don't encounter another mouse in the house again!!  But, thanks for the pointer!  I'll be sure to take it into consideration if the problem arises again.  :)

On a side note, I was successful with my first shot at a partridge this evening!  Looking forward to getting back out there already!

gitano

No pictures.. Didn't happen...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

davidlt89

She got two today! Job well done!!! Seen a mere 22 grouse today!. God bless.

22hornet

Is that gun a CBC? I had one in .22 Hornet with a .410 barrel. I sold it off a while ago when the hornet barrel wasn't shooting as well as it should.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

apeters24

Geez Paul, you're being awfully tough on the new girl aren't ya?! ;)

And David, we'll have a chat about asking for permission to post photos while I'm sleeping!

22hornet, I'll have to get back to you.  I'm borrowing the gun from my step father until I decide what I want to make my first purchase on!  I'm not feeling the .410..  Looking more towards a 20g I think!

Tags: