4 (9.8%)
ther (specify by posting)
23 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 31

steve

what is your favorite calibre

buckshot roberts

30/06, but I'm now working on the .300 savage, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Daryl (deceased)

Caliber...or cartridge?

Personally, mine's the 7mm Rem Mag.

Why?  Just because it works...

A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Alboy

Got to go with other and put in my 2 cents worth.

Modern center fire these days is 223. Was a time when it was 30-06 and then some other years it was 45-70.

Black powder is 54. On the other hand I am warming up to smoothies and it may turn out to be 20 gauge or 12 gauge round ball, jury is still out.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Jay Edward (deceased)

Other!

Smokeless: .35 caliber

Blackpowder: .54, .62 and, like Alboy, heading towards  20 ga smoothbores with lead balls.

Handguns: .45 caliber

Shotguns: 12 ga (but 2 3/4" only)

Blackpowder Cartridge: .40 & .50

Slingshot: catseye

gitano

For calibers, I'm mighty fond of the .323, but I really would have a difficult time choosing between it and the .338.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

I have a hard time between the 30-06 and the 338 Win Mag. Both are great choices.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Big Red Trike

Muzzleloader: .50 calibre
High Power Rifle: 7mm Rem Mag also, I don't own (hard to come by in a lefty) but a handloaded .280 Rem is a dandy round.

and the old standbuys .308 Win and the .30-06 Springfield.

BRT

Marlin917VS

Right now I'm really liking my 300 win mag.  It fits me good and has a good recoil pad so the recoil is really managable, easier on me than my 308, which is my other favorite.  All of my deer have been taken with the 308 and it seems to get the job done very well.
"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

kombi1976

This sounds weird but 25 cal really is my fave for the moment.
My 2 favourite rifles are a sportered BSA Martini Cadet rebarrelled to 25-20 & a sportered ShtLE 303/25.
They both shoot well and are dependable.
They're also up to the game I usually hunt.
It would be nice to need a bigger cal and I have a 8x57 but in all honesty a real opportunity hasn't come up for it yet.
Hopefully I'll get a chance to hunt deer soon and since the 303/25 is a tad limited I'll need it but for the moment these smaller cartridges are working a treat.
I like the idea of 7mm cartridges, specifically 7x57 & 280 Rem and one day I'll probably treat myself to a 7x57 of one kind or another.
It'd also be nice to have a small collection of rifles chambered to specific metric Mauser style cartridges like the 6.5x50R Japanese, 6.5x55, 7x57, 7.65x53, 8x57(which I already have) and 9.3x62, whether they be sporters or decent military rifles.
But my next project rifle will be a Martini Enfield in .303 British Improved so the collection won't be anytime soon and I have to confess a growing attraction to centrefire Martinis in general.
And finally, although I can't believe I'm saying this, a question dawned on me(without getting preachy) after church.
"Just how many rifles can one guy use?" :confused:
I guess I just decided that I should be buying things, not just because they'd be nice to have, but because I have a justifable need....not just a need to satisfy my lust for guns!:o
Now feel free to lampoon me if you wish.;)
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Mar' Madwulf

My long term most favorite is .338 Win Mag. I've had this caliber in several rifles; Browning A-Bolt IIs, Remington 700 Actions, and a Winchester Model 70.

(My Two Cents)
Try the Barnes Triple-Shock bullets with this size. They are 1" @ 100 Yds in some rifles.

Rod

I love my Sako 300 Weatherby Mag.  Very balanced and can't say enough for the slick bolt action. Very accurate.  Only thing on the down side is that ammo is tough to find sometimes when I get stuck to buy it. I load my own and never usually is a problem.

recoil junky

700 BDL in 35 Whelen. On deer and elk out to 350 yards it'll GIT ER DONE. Plus you can eat up to the hole. Never had to track an elk farther than 25-30 yards and never recovered a bullet, all were pass thru shots. Secret recipe? a 250 grain Hornady Interlock and enough H4350 to get it to go 2450 fps. :D It's a squeeky copmressed load  :eek:
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

:D

The original question was..."what is your favorite calibre?"

Many know my answer already but here it is anyway.....!:cool:

...................6.5.....................:D

O'l John......:p
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

wharf

My favourite calibre and cartridge is the 303 british.My favourite rifle is my no1 mk3 smle lithgow.It is hard to choose for me.I like so many different calibres.

Tags: